Sunday, November 6, 2011

Annotated Bibliography


Bishop, Kyle. "Dead Man Still Walking." Journal of Popular Film and Television 37.1 (2009): 16-25. 

ProQuest Research Library. Web. 30 Oct. 2011. 


This is one of my secondary sources. I choose this article because the author goes through the primary characteristics of the zombie genre. The author talks about how the fear of the genre relate to the world events of when certain movies came out. The author talks about how zombies are presented in other mediums other than literature and movies. The author talks how the visual representation is better able to convey fear than if read in a book which I found interesting.

Bishop, Kyle. "Raising the Dead." Journal of Popular Film and Television 33.4 (2006): 196-205. Web. 

ProQuest Research Library. Web. 30 Oct. 2011. 


This is one of my secondary sources. I choose this article because the author explains why zombies are so frightening. The author does a good job of backing up my main points. The author goes through the formula of zombie movies. The author talks about the gore and violence of the zombie movies along with how they can break taboos like cannibalism. Bishop compares the zombie with other monsters.

Brooks, Max. World War Z: an Oral History of the Zombie War. New York: Crown, 2006. Print.

This is my primary source for my essay. In this source the author describes an after account of a zombie apocalypse through interviews. With the interview type setup in the book the author was able to include multiple fictional views around the world on the topic of zombies through personal accounts. With the multiple views the reader can gauge what the threat from these monster represent more clearly. The main reason I chose this as my primary source was because I read it years ago and it was entertaining to read so I was encourage to read it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment